Sunday, November 28, 2010

Camry idling too low after battery change

As all too often seems to happen, my car started having issues right before a trip.

In this case, it seemed like the battery on my 2002 Toyota Camry had finally died. Thankfully I was able to jump it to make the trip home for Thanksgiving.

Replacing the battery was easy enough thanks to the local Wal*Mart, but from that point on, the car would idle too low and the engine would just shut off! This was most concerning when I put in the clutch (manual transmission) on a highway off-ramp, the car shut off, and there I was without power steering. Yikes!

I figured it was some kind of computer configuration reset due to the dead battery, but I wasn't sure how to fix it. After a bunch of Googling, I discovered this page. There were only instructions for an automatic transmission, but after a little trial-and-error, I got it working (and added the comment about manual transmission instructions.)

I don't really understand cars... but once you throw a computer in 'em, I can at least relate =)

1 comment:

  1. "Bringing Dead Batteries Back To Life Is Simple!"

    IN TODAY'S FREE PRESENTATION:

    "Save Money And NEVER Buy A New Battery Again"

    "Bring Nearly Any Dead Battery Back To Life Again"

    Over 19,000 people are already using the EZ Battery Reconditioning Method

    "Make thousands by purchasing old batteries and selling them as reconditioned ones for massive profits"

    And it doesn’t matter if you’re not technical or don’t know the first thing about batteries …because our course is incredibly easy to follow and absolutely anybody can use it.

    For more info please click on the following link: "Bringing Dead Batteries Back To Life Is Simple!"

    Talk soon.






















    .

    ReplyDelete